The participation in the seminar on the problems of military standardization at the Ministry of Defence
The participation in the seminar on the problems of military standardization of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine
On the 22 of November in the premises of the Central House of Officers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine a seminar with the participation of NATO representatives in Ukraine, the Office of NATO on Standardization and the NATO Office agency on support and supply was organized under the auspices of the Deputy Minister of Defense of Ukraine.
The chief of the linguistic department lieutenant colonel Maksym Bilan presented an report on the informational resources of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine on military standardization: the informational resource of standardized military terminology (www.mildic.com) and the Electronic base of standardized military vocabulary and texts of military standards. (www.milstand.com.ua). These two resources were developed at the Linguistic department and introduced for exploitment by the appropriate decisions of the leadership of the Ministry of Defense.
During his presentation the chief of the department has briefly characterized the structure, functions and the order of work with the appropriate resources and answered the questions of the participants of the seminar.
The electronic base of the standardized military vocabulary and the texts of military standards (www.milstand.com.ua) was developed with the aim of assuring the bodies of military command of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, the General Staff of Ukraine and other parties that are interested in the matter of active military standards of Ukraine..
The electronical base encompasses:
- The active military standards of Ukraine grouped by units
- Standardized Ukrainian military terms and their definition together with the indication of the appropriate standard.
- Full-texted Ukrainian military standards introduced to the activity of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the basis of the appropriate NATO standards.
The informational resource of standardized military terminology (www.mildic.com) was developed with the aim of normalizing the standardized Ukrainian military terminology, and also the usage of Ukrainian equivalents of standardized foreign military terminology that is actively used in NATO service documents.
The informational resource was developed by the Linguistic research and development department of the Military Institute of the Kiev National Taras Shevchenko University and introduced for exploitment by the decree of the Minister of Defense of Ukraine dated from 15.09.2016 #481.
The aim of functioning of this resource is:
- The assurance of implementing the position of the Strategic Defense Bulletin of Ukraine on the implementation of changes to the military terminology in accordance with NATO norms and standards;
- The improvement of the process of forming and using the terminology of a different language within the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine and the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- The normalizing and standardizing of NATO military terminology within the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine and the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- The operative informing of the structural units of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine and the General Staff of Ukraine and the bodies of military command on the development and standardizing the new terminology within the Armed Forces of Ukraine.